Sunday 21 March 2010

You are in my thoughts

Wallpaper* magazine asked designer Marian Bantjes to contribute designs for the tenth anniversary of the 2006 Milan Design Salon.


"I decided to make a custom piece, and time was short. When time is short and you want to make something that will be 4 metres high, output on transparent plastic: pattern and reflect. Of course, I still had to design and build the pattern and then make matching custom text, compose the whole thing and add custom loops. A snap!" (Marian Banties, 2006).


Marian's typographic designs where of inspiration when I was coming up with ideas for the faber and faber book cover brief. At this point of time I am perusing the idea of using letterforms not only to express written words but to create an image or visual. Marian Bantjes' design demonstrates exactly the kind of typographic design I am currently developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment